Monday 4 February 2008

point & click (743 clicks that is)

this was a long long day of clicking about,
working on expert advice from Megan, who obviously
has a far superiour knowledge of photography than
me, this involves tape measures, photographing white
sheets, recording the image of the white sheets,
importing them into the camera's memory to set the
'average white balance' choosing speeds, f'stops,
getting the lighting right, avoiding reflections,
fitting the whole painting into the frame..
and other numerous things...

so, the results of 743 imported pictures..
well, after a while they all start to look the
same.. the one that you spent two hours adjusting
f8 to f9, droping the shutter speed a little..
which one was that again? 648, no it was 650..
damn it..

these are the ones i have chosen so far;
i've uploaded them to see how they fair on
different monitors & computers..

whole image shot (1)



detail shot (ver1)



detail shot (ver2)

1 comment:

  1. steven i feel so GOd DamN incompetent when I read your blogs and look, rather swim in bliss upon viewing your images. It sucks for me but as well I am so grateful to be here on your page. It gives me reason to keep on trying.And gives me moments to just not think and enjoy the bliss form this moment. God your work is so amazing ! And you keep exhibiting ! Give me a clue!
    I wouldn't know where to start. I'm lost in it all. Ive given up, I may return to it but I have not a clue where or what.

    ReplyDelete