Tuesday 16 June 2009

statement

It only took me two months to write the
following statement for the upcoming studio
brochure & exhibition...

..and I already had this statement, I only
changed the last sentence...

"My work is inspired by nature and the interaction of the mechanical and the man made element upon the landscape. Within my paintings, texture and surface is explored by using a variety of materials from traditional oil, and acrylic paint to the heavily layered and corroded use of metal and wire. My work presents an alternative view of this natural and chemical landscape and challenges pre-conceived beliefs in our own surroundings"

1 comment:

  1. It takes the time it takes.
    And now it is done.
    It always comes together in the end.
    Always.
    It will be a great show.
    I wish I could see it in person.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete