Sunday 19 October 2008

Lines like these have got to be an architect’s dream

There is nothing better than escaping work
a few hours early to go and stand in front
of such iridescently beautiful paintings whilst
the Bridgewater Hall's Corus Ensemble performed
their unique mellifluous arrangement.

..like Dante to Milton (by the latter I mean found,
not lost)

Well you could be forgiven for thinking you had
briefly entered a private paradise..

~ Howard Hodgkin at the Turnpike Gallery ~





Unfortunately all good things come to an end and
the suspension of reality is a temporally sustained
affair..

I walked back to my motorcycle to realise I had won
another parking ticket, this time for parking in the
'MOTORCYCLES ONLY' parking bay.. which, obviously is
reserved for tanks..

1 comment:

  1. thats uk parking for you

    I love that bottom painting - the orange - I love orange...

    ReplyDelete