Tuesday 3 April 2007

if nobody speaks of remarkable things..

The final stages are nearly completed on the last painting, another canvas already waiting with a few charcoal lines probably wondering what they will become..
But it's an awkward pause, a step back, and I'm wondering myself..
It's one big experiment, but not all are a success, so when do you draw it to it's conclusion?
I was awake early this morning having dreamt that all my paintings had become sums and I'd got all the answers wrong, they didn't work anymore, and I remembered that I was never any good at maths.
That 'step-back' is the answer, you can become too involved & lose all sense of your objective.
All my workings out don't actually add up to anything at all, I was looking too hard and forgot what I was looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment